Friday, August 22, 2014

Longing for the woods

With fall around the corner I find myself longing for the peace and tranquility of the woods…the sound of the wind in the trees, the crunch of the leaves beneath our boots, and taking pictures of the kids hiking to our latest weekend destination.  To offset the hectic day-to-day schedules of busy family life in the city, the weekend getaways to anywhere without pavement are always welcome retreats.  Whether it is just a quick trip to the beautiful mountains that surround our fortunate city or a drive to the latest part of the surrounding states we have decided to explore, we enjoy every minute of our family adventures.     


Now that Mother Nature has suddenly remembered it is still summer in the South and the weekend forecast includes a triple digit heat index and humidity to rival the best man-made sauna, I will have to flip through pictures of prior excursions and wait a little longer to get my hiking boots back on so I figured I would share some of the beauty we have been blessed to view... 




























1 comment:

  1. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete